Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
This recipe came out of Taste of Home magazine. I have been making it for about 5 years now and everyone who eats it loves it. It is an easy side dish.
- 8 ounces sour cream
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 (32 ounce) package frozen shredded hash browns
- 2 (14 ounce) cans condensed cream of potato soup
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- Combine all the ingredients in a large bowl except the parmesan cheese.
- Spread into greased 9 X 13 casserole dish.
- Top with parmesan cheese.
- Bake uncovered at 350 degrees for 55 to 60 minutes or until golden brown on top.
This is very similar to a recipe that I've used for years. This is great for breakfast gatherings and Christmas morning. I use a cup of diced ham, 2 cups of sour cream, top with cheddar cheese, and bake at 375 degrees. I'll try the garlic salt next time!
I have a recipe very simialr to this that I make at home. Instead of Cr.Potato soup though, I use 1 can cr.mush and 1 can cheddar cheese soup. That makes it very cheesy and delicious
This was a pretty good hashbrown casserole, except that I felt it didn't have enough cheese (but then, I always want more cheese on everything). I didn't care for the chunks of potatoes in the cream of potato soup; they didn't blend very well with the hasbrowns, so next time I'll probably dig them out. I also added 1/2 onion, chopped fine, and sprinkled the top with freshly ground black pepper instead of the parmesan cheese. I'm sorry, I think I had Cracker Barrel on the brain or something. :)