Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
Yummmy!!!!!!! A staple at my Mother in laws home - very tasty and easy to prepare.
- 1 (32 ounce) packagefrozen chopped hash brown potatoes
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 (10 1/2 ounce) cans Campbell's half-fat condensed cream of mushroom soup (both cans must be the same type of soup) or 2 (10 1/2 ounce) cans broccoli cheese soup (both cans must be the same type of soup)
- fresh ground pepper
- 1 (8 ounce) container low-fat sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup melted butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 1 1⁄2 cups corn flakes
- Mix soup, sour cream and cheese until well blended.
- Add potatoes and pepper and mix well.
- Place in a casserole dish.
- In a seperate bowl mix the butter and corn flake crumbs together.
- Sprinkle over top casserole.
- Bake in 300 oven for 1 hour or until cooked through.
This is the same recipe my grandmother has made for years. TIMELESS and delicious! I tried some of the other recipes with garlic on here (also w/out the corn flakes) and they just aren't as gooood.
This is excellant. I served this Christmas day with baked ham and everyone raved !