Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
Easy and delicious.
Make and share this Hash Browns Casserole recipe from Food.com.
- In a large bowl, combine the soup, sour cream and garlic salt.
- Add potatoes and cheddar cheese; mix well.
- Pour into a greased 13 inch x 9 inch x 2 inch baking dish.
- Top with parmesan cheese.
- Bake uncovered at 350 degrees for 55-60 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
So delicious! I just threw everything in the pan. Hash browns were still frozen; I pounded them apart with my meat mallet. I only added 1/4 C. parmesan on top. I also added a cubed ham slice. Made a great dinner casserole, and also was even better microwaved for breakfast the next day. Thanks!
I have been using this same recipe for many years -- the only thing that is different is that I add 1/2 c. chopped onion to the mixture. The soups can be varied as well (cream of celery, cream of potato, cream of mushroom). I've also done the crushed cornflakes mixed with some melted butter for the topping -- as well as some crushed french fried onion rings. This is a very good basic recipe that can be altered in many ways. For a Mexican party theme, I added a can of chopped green chilies. Thanks for saving me the chore of posting this!!!! It's a great recipe.
This was tasty! I used 1 can cream of potato and 1 can cream of mushroom with roasted garlic. Thanks for the recipe!