Recipe by Sweet Diva MJ
Adapted from Taste of Home. Creamy, cheesy comfort food! A favorite for brunches and potlucks. I usually substitute Campbell's Healthy Request soups and light sour cream to cut some of the fat and calories.
Top Review by HokiesMom
I was surprised by this recipe in that I felt it still needed something. I've rated it a 3 because it is not terrible in any manner, it just needs a boost of something - which I think may be onions and pepper. I'll make it again trying a few tweaks to see if it will please my family more. I made this for the 2008 All New Zaar Cookbooks Tag: Cooking Game.
- 2 (10 3/4 ounce) cans condensed cream of potato soup, undiluted
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 (2 lb) package frozen hash brown potatoes
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl, combine the soup, sour cream and garlic salt.
- Add potatoes and cheddar cheese; mix well.
- Pour into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. x 2-in. baking dish.
- Top with Parmesan cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350 for 55-60 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- Yield: 12-16 servings.