Recipe by Chef Teresa #2
I like this casserole because you can eat it with breakfast, lunch or dinner. I always make sure my soup and sour cream is mixed well before adding the other ingredients. I found this recipe in Cracker Barrel recipe book and have made a few changes.
Top Review by SashasMommy
Took this to a potluck at work and it got rave reviews... it definitely needs to be hot though, or it won't taste right. I baked it in the morning and it had cooled down by the time I got to work, so I had to microwave it.
- 1 (26 ounce) bag frozen hash browns, thawed
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup butter, melted and divided
- 2 (8 ounce) bagsshredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 36 Ritz crackers, crushed (1 sleeve)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven 350 degrees.
- Mix soup and sour cream.
- Mix in thawed shredded hashbrowns.
- Mix in 1 package shredded cheese, onion and 1/2 cup melted butter.
- Spread in a buttered 13x9x2 inch pan.
- Mix Ritz crackers, 1 package shredded cheese and 1/2 cup melted butter until crumbly.
- Sprinkle cracker mixture on top of hashbrown mixture.
- Bake for 45 minutes.