Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 hr
I got this from one of my sister's friends. It is delicious. It is very easy and can be prepared the day before and refrigerated if you want to cook it for tomorrow. I have it served it for dinner, but it is also good for breakfast. I listed some other ingredients that have been tried in the recipe too. I like the original recipe the best but my mom has added those other ingredients I listed at the bottom of the recipe. Feel free to add whatever you like and let me know how it turns out. Enjoy!
- 1⁄2 cup butter (melted)
- 32 ounces frozen hash browns
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 pint sour cream
- 8 ounces cheese (your desire, mild cheddar is good)
- 1 cup potato chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix all ingredients but chips.
- Put mixture in greased 9 X 13 pan.
- Crush chips and sprinkle on top.
- Bake for 1 hour, casserole will be bubbling.
- If desired, add onions, red and green peppers to casserole. Another can of soup that has been used instead of cream of chicken is cream of celery.