Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr 5 mins
This recipe is another favorite of my Aunt Ely's for her family's breakfast.
- 1 (32 ounce) bag hash browns
- 1 (8 ounce) packageshredded swiss cheese
- 1 (8 ounce) packageshredded jalapeno jack cheese
- 1⁄2 cup margarine (melted)
- 2 cups ham (diced)
- 6 eggs
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup green onion, chopped
- Defrost hash brown potatoes, lay potatoes on paper towels and squeeze out moisture.
- Grease 13” 9” x 2” inch pan.
- Form crust with the potatoes.
- Pour melted butter over potatoes.
- Bake at 425 degrees F. for 25 minutes.
- Beat eggs, milk and salt.
- Sprinkle Swiss cheese over potato crust, then ham and jalapeno cheese.
- Pour eggs and milk mixture over all.
- Reduce heat to 350 degrees F.
- Bake 40 minutes longer or until a knife comes out clean.
Made this -- husband and grandkids loved it, but will feed 10 or 12 adults in my opinion. Will definitely make again when we have more to feed.