Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is very yummy!! very good dish to take to a potluck.
- 1 (16 ounce) package hash browns (the chopped up and not the shredded ones)
- 1 (8 ounce) carton sour cream, of any kind
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 (8 ounce) jar Cheez Whiz, of any kind plain, mexi, etc
- 1 bunch scallion, chopped
- salt and pepper, to taste but remember the soup and cheez whiz are already kind of salty
- 1 1⁄2 cups corn flakes, crunched fine
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- Place the hash browns in a 13 x 9 pan.
- Chop onions into small pcs. and mix with the hash browns.
- Put sour cream, cheez whiz and soup into a saucepan, mix and heat thru.
- This heats pretty quickly so keep an eye on it.
- Pour this mixture over the potatoes and onions. Stir gently.
- Melt the butter and mix with the corn flake crumbs.
- Put them over the potato mixture and bake at 350* for 1 hour.