Recipe by Bill Woodward
This is a very easy casserole using prepackaged ingredients. The Hash Browns I use are about 1/2 inch cubes, not shredded potatoes. Don't thaw them before mixing.
Top Review by Proud Veteran's wife
5 stars from everyone in our house! I halved the recipe. I made as the recipe states. It was very simple to make. I cooked for about an 45 minutes in a square baking dish. I did turn the temp up to 350. This was very tasty and is similar to a dish my mother in law makes. It was a HUGE hit and will make again! Thanks so much! Made for Fall PAC 2008.
- 907.18 g package frozen hash browns or 907.18 g package O'Brien potatoes
- 4.92 ml dried onion flakes
- 236.59 ml sour cream
- 2 (623.68 g) can cream of celery soup
- 118.29 ml cheddar cheese, shredded
- Lawry's Seasoned Salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 300 degrees, and grease a 9x13 glass baking dish.
- Mix the potatoes, onion flakes, sour cream, soup, and cheese in a mixing bowl, and spoon it into the baking dish. Spread out with a spoon or a spatula, but don't pack the mixture down.
- Sprinkle the top with seasoning salt.
- Bake at 300 degrees, uncovered, for 2 hours.