Recipe by Aunt Cookie
My mom makes this for most holidays, and I'm always really excited when there are leftovers for me to take home (it doesn't happen very often). It originally called for cream of chicken soup, but she changed it to cream of mushroom for us vegetarians.
Top Review by Brenda.
These potatoes were a nice addition to Easy Teriyaki Pork Roast (No Marinating) for dinner tonight. I was going to halve the recipe and DH requested I make the full recipe so he could have these as leftovers. I've made a recipe similar to this in the past, and it is always a nice quick potato dish to put together. Thank You for sharing. Nick's Mom
- 2 lbs frozen hash browns, thawed
- 8 ounces cheddar cheese, shredded
- 16 ounces sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup margarine, melted
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder (optional)
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2-1 cup onion, chopped
For the topping
- 2 cups corn flakes, crushed
- 1⁄4 cup margarine, melted