Prep 30 mins
Cook 7 hrs
A great potato dish that can be eaten by itself or with other things. Even works along with eggs for breakfast.30
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef
- 32 ounces hash browns (thawed)
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 chopped onion
- 1 cup water
- salt & pepper
- 1 (1 1/2 ounce) package brown gravy mix
- 1 tablespoon margarine
- Brown ground beef, drain and put into crockpot.
- Combine onions,garlic powder,potatoes, salt& pepper.
- Pour over meat, stir.
- Add gravy and boiling water.
- Pour over mix.
- Cook 7-8 hours on low.
I am sorry--I hate leaving low stars, but we just really didn't like this one. The recipe was a little vague. For example, I am assuming that the margarine might have been to grease the crockpot, but I didn't see that until too late. The potato dish stuck to the inside of the crockpot. I followed the recipe as directed. We just didn't really care for the taste and it came out really mushy. Sorry.