Recipe by Nana Lee
Here's a kid friendly side dish casserole that could also be used for breakfast! Very good for the cook of the house as well...easy to assemble and bake.
- 1 (1 1/2-2 lb) package frozen hash brown potatoes
- 2 cups sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine, melted
Directions See How It's Made
- Butter a 9x13 baking dish.
- Break up frozen hash browns and put into dish.
- In a bowl, mix the sour cream, onion, cheese, soup, salt, pepper and butter or margarine.
- Pour the mixture over the potatoes and mix well.
- Bake in a 350° oven for 1 hour, or until lightly browned on the top.
- May be assembled ahead and baked just before serving.