Nana Lee's Note:
This is a casserole made with hamburger or vegetarian substitute for hamburg. It looked so simple and yummy I couldn't resist trying it. With a few adjustments, it turned out great. Good for freezing also.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 13x9-inch pan.
- 2Line the prepared pan with frozen hash browns.
- 3Brown onion with burger in non-stick pan.
- 4Mix the soups with burger-onion mixture. Spread carefully over hash browns. Cover with shredded cheese.
- 5Bake for 30 minutes.
- 6To freeze this I divide it into portions appropriate to my appetite, usually 6 for this size pan.
- 7Wrap the way you usually do to freeze or freeze on cookie sheet and vacuumn seal each frozen portion.
- 8To re-heat frozen portions you can use your microwave. Either thaw first or from frozen. Time varies due to wattage of ;your microwave.
- 9You can also reheat in conventional oven from frozen or thawed state. Use 350 degree oven, cover loosely with foil and heat fo about 20 minutes.
- 10If using vacuumn sealed bags you could actually boil in the bag according to your particular sealer directions.
- 11*I recommend using measuring cups, as I found the frozen 32 oz bag to actually contain 9 cups.
- 12**Frozen Ground Meatless Burger Crumble.
- 13***Use two cans (10 3/4 oz each) of the Cream of Mushroom, if a vegetarian.
- 14Yields: 8 servings, points per serving: 5.
- 15Nutritional Info: (per serving) 246 calories, 7 g. fat, 6.4 g. fiber.
- 16Adapted from: Jaime Jeroszko; Jamie's Kitchen.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Hash Browns Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (348 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 428.7
- Calories from Fat 190
- Total Fat 21.1 g
- Saturated Fat 9.2 g
- Cholesterol 63.9 mg
- Sodium 705.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 39.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.7 g
- Sugars 1.3 g
- Protein 21.2 g