Recipe by Dib's
Great for brunch or a side for dinner!
Top Review by Linda
Diana, thank you for posting this wonderful potato casserole! The mixture of crushed corn flakes and melted butter atop was the crowning glory. I've had two dinner parties in the past week and served it at both dinners...everyone loved it. It is also good as leftovers, I just heated them up without a cover and they were as crispy on top as they should have been. I even had a container of them in the freezer from the first dinner party and when I defrosted and reheated them, they tasted just wonderful! This is a real winner. Be sure to defrost them thoroughly before putting the recipe together.
- 1 (32 ounce) package frozen hash browns, thawed (the diced kind)
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1⁄2 cup margarine, melted
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 2 cups crushed corn flakes
- 1⁄2 cup melted margarine