- 1 kg frozen hash browns (thawed)
- 2 cups sharp cheddar cheese (monterey jack or old cheddar)
- 2 (284 ml) cans condensed cream of chicken soup (no water added)
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 Spanish onion, diced
- 4 cups corn flakes
- 1⁄4 cup butter (melted)
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix hash browns, cheese, soup, sour cream and onion together in a large bowl.
- In a small bowl, crush corn flakes and add butter, mix together.
- transfer hash brown mix to casserole dish (or two).
- cover with corn flake topping.
- bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour, another 15 minutes on broil to crisp the topping.