Recipe by Chef Nichol
This is an excellent, easy recipe of pure comfort food; potatoes! There is never any left when I serve it at family functions, potlucks, or at my catering parties! I like to make 2 batches and freeze one for later as it does freeze very well! I hope everyone enjoys this as much as my family and friends to!
Top Review by Rise`
THANK YOU for this simple and ever so tasty side dish. It looks "awful" when you first stir it up but once it starts bubbling and browning in the oven...YUM! I'll definately make this again and again for that "different" potato dish. (P.S. I sprinkled on fresh bacon bits when I put on the cheese the last 5 minutes)
- 1 (32 ounce) package frozen hash browns
- 2 (10 1/2 ounce) cream of celery soup or 2 (10 1/2 ounce) cans cream of chicken soup
- 1 (16 ounce) container sour cream
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 3 cups shredded cheese, divided
- 1 cup crushed corn flakes or 1 cup saltine
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Mix hash browns, cream soup, sour cream, milk, onions, 2 cups of the cheese, and the onion, in a large bowl.
- Pour into a 9x13 dish that has been lightly sprayed.
- Top with remaining cheese.
- Combine cornflakes and butter and top the cheese with this.
- Bake at above temp for 40-50 minutes .
- Serve hot and enjoy!