1 hr 20 mins
This is such a versatile dish - great for Brunch, Lunch or Dinner. I like to top it off with grated cheddar or parmesan cheese . You may also try buttered crumbs on top or plain the way this recipe reads. Garlic & jalapeños are optional I like a bit of zip. This could be vegetarian if you leave out the corned beef. I think of this as a base recipe that you can play with and use up a lot of left overs. Put it together early in the day and just pop it in the oven 55 minutes before serving
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted in an oven proof dish (margarine)
- 1 (12 ounce) package frozen hash browns, thawed (shredded kind)
- salt and pepper
- 3 cups green cabbage, finely shredded
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup carrot, shredded
- 1/2 cup green pepper, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped (optional)
- 2 jalapeno peppers, finely chopped (optional)
- 3 tablespoons butter (margarine, in addition to the original amount)
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/3 cup flour
- 1 (10 ounce) can cream of onion soup
- 1 tablespoon horseradish
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 (12 ounce) can corned beef, chopped
- 1Tightly pack the hash browns into an oven proof skillet (melted butter already in there) cook over low heat until the bottom is browned Sprinkle with salt & pepper, set aside.
- 2In another skillet melt the additional 3 tbsp butter (margarine) stir fry the cabbage, onion, carrot, green pepper, Garlic (if using) & jalapeños (if using). Only stir fry until they are just heated throughout and the cabbage is tender (do not over cook- you want them still crispy) approx 5 minutes (more if you like your veggies cooked more). Combine the beaten eggs, soup, mustard, horseradish & mustard.
- 3Stir in the flour.
- 4Mix the egg mixture with the veggies.
- 5Put the corned beef on top of the hash brown crust; pour in the veggie mixture. Bake 45 minutes in a 350°F oven or until set.
- 6Let stand 10 minutes; cut into wedges & serve.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Hash Browns, Cabbage 'n Corned Beef Pie
Serving Size: 1 (210 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 5
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 578.6
- Calories from Fat 353
- Total Fat 39.2 g
- Saturated Fat 17.4 g
- Cholesterol 194.6 mg
- Sodium 1410.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 38.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.7 g
- Sugars 6.6 g
- Protein 20.4 g