Recipe by Darcy's Diner
This is currently our favorite potato casserole. The kids & adults alike will gobble it up. You'll never have left overs for later, which I guess is a good thing?
Top Review by Shari2
I made this and did half of the recipe except for the soup. I used cream of chicken as that was what I had on hand and it turned out just fine. My family really enjoyed this for dinner and I will make this again. It is a simple and easy recipe to throw together for a meal. Made for PAC Spring 2010.
- 2 lbs frozen hash brown potatoes, unthawed
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of celery soup, undiluted
- 3 cups sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 (6 ounce) can French-fried onions, reserved
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Combine all ingredients except french fried onions in large bowl.
- Transfer to a 13 x 9 x 2" glass baking dish.
- Bake until top is slightly golden, about 1 hour 10 minutes.
- Sprinkle with onions & bake five minutes more until onions are golden brown. Watch closely, as onions will burn quickly.