Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is yummy and filling. Great for a brunch or a house full of company. Easily cut in 1/2. I have even ran out of the patties and subbed with a package of shredded hash-browns. I just cook the bottom layer longer and then the overall dish an extra 10-15 minutes.
- Grease the bottom of a 9 by 13 pan.
- Layer with hash-browns and pour melted butter evenly over the tops.
- Bake at 350 for about 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle the sausage evenly over the top.
- Then sprinkle cheese.
- In a large bowl whip eggs, milk, cream, and salt.
- Pour over the casserole and bake another 30 minutes.
- It should be firm in the center and browned lightly but evenly.
The best breakfast casserole I have ever made. I think the type of cheese and the cream is what made it stellar. I didn't change a thing other than cooking it longer than suggested.
This is a really good recipe!! Easy to make and delicious. Not exactly healthy but anything this good usually isn't! Will definitely make this again. Thanks for taking the time to share it homegirl!
I halved this recipe; other than that, I didn't change an ingredient. My family loved it. I loved that it wasn't a Bisquick recipe. Thank you. This one is going into my permanent file. (I wanted to post a photo, but it's too late; it's all gone.)