Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 35 mins
Cook 25 mins
I've included meat eaters and vegan options for this easy to put together breakfast side option!
Make and share this Hash Browns Breakfast - OAMC - Homemade recipe from Food.com.
- 20 lbs baking potatoes, peeled and grated
- 5 lbs onions, chopped fine
- 2 lbs bell peppers, chopped fine
- 24 large hard-boiled eggs, peeled and grated fine (or even better, use yolks only, simmering the yolks in boiling water and saving the raw whites for a)
- 5 lbs breakfast sausage, cooked and crumbled or 5 lbs kielbasa, chopped
- 5 lbs tofu, frozen, thawed, drained and shredded
- seasoning, for tofu, such as 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 5 lbs soy sausage, cooked and crumbled
- Mix all ingredients in a huge bowl.
- Freeze in pan-sized rounds.
- Use 5 quart ice cream buckets.
- Layer wax paper, 2 cups hash browns or whatever would make a meal, wax paper, and so forth until you are done.
- Each 5 pounds takes about 1 bucket.
- To cook this, take the frozen hash brown patty and place it in a nonstick skillet with some oil or butter on low with a lid over it for about 20 minutes until thawed.
- Then turn the heat up, stirring as it browns, cook as usual.
- Note: If potatoes start to turn color while preparing, rinse the starch off.
- Then pat dry with paper towel and continue.