Prep 35 mins
Cook 25 mins
I've included meat eaters and vegan options for this easy to put together breakfast side option!
- 20 lbs baking potatoes, peeled and grated
- 5 lbs onions, chopped fine
- 2 lbs bell peppers, chopped fine
- 24 large hard-boiled eggs, peeled and grated fine (or even better, use yolks only, simmering the yolks in boiling water and saving the raw whites for a)
- 5 lbs breakfast sausage, cooked and crumbled or 5 lbs kielbasa, chopped
- 5 lbs tofu, frozen, thawed, drained and shredded
- seasoning, for tofu, such as 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 5 lbs soy sausage, cooked and crumbled
- Mix all ingredients in a huge bowl.
- Freeze in pan-sized rounds.
- Use 5 quart ice cream buckets.
- Layer wax paper, 2 cups hash browns or whatever would make a meal, wax paper, and so forth until you are done.
- Each 5 pounds takes about 1 bucket.
- To cook this, take the frozen hash brown patty and place it in a nonstick skillet with some oil or butter on low with a lid over it for about 20 minutes until thawed.
- Then turn the heat up, stirring as it browns, cook as usual.
- Note: If potatoes start to turn color while preparing, rinse the starch off.
- Then pat dry with paper towel and continue.