Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
This makes breakfast easy: it's all in one pan! Well, a few biscuits might be nice, too..
- 1 (10 ounce) package sausage links
- 6 eggs
- 1 (12 ounce) package frozen hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 4 ounces shredded cheddar cheese (1 cup)
- 1⁄3 cup half-and-half
- 1⁄4 cup chopped bell pepper, mixed red and green
- 1⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt (to taste)
- 1 dash black pepper (to taste)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Brown sausage links in skillet over medium heat until cooked through; remove from heat and cut into bite sized pieces.
- In a mixing bowl, lightly beat eggs; stir in all other ingredients.
- Pour mixture into a greased 2-quart baking dish or casserole, and bake, uncovered, for 30 minutes, or until eggs are almost set.
- Allow to stand 5 minutes before cutting into servings.
- Serve hot.
We really enjoyed this breakfast casserole which we had for supper. I didn't have any half and half so I used low fat milk. I also used red and green peppers. Thanks Sue
It was pretty good, but I think next time I would cut back on the sausage and add some more veggies to give it a little less heaviness. Was popular at the brunch we brought it to, though! Very simple to make, which was a big plus.
Very Tasty - I used hot italian sausage, and I used lowfat milk in place of the half and half to reduce the fat a bit. Our guests enjoyed it and asked for the recipe. I'll definitely serve this again.