Recipe by Spyder-man
a little turn on the "stand by" cracker barrell hashbrown casserole. Twisted and turned to suit my tastes as well as my kids. It is very creamy with full flavor! the soup is not 2 cans of 2 different soups, it is actually a can of soup that is both mushroom and chicken--and that is really what it is called.
Top Review by Shawn C
this is much better than cracker barrel's it is so much creamier. i think others are misreading somehow because it doesn't call for 2 cans it only calls for one can of soup. i thought it was great and will make it again. thanks for sharing
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 6 tablespoons butter (almost a whole stick)
- 1⁄2 lb grated colby-monterey jack cheese
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) cancampbells cream of chicken and mushroom soup
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3 teaspoons sour cream
- 1 2⁄3 lbs frozen southern style hash brown potatoes (about 1/2 of a 2Lb 14 oz bag)
Directions See How It's Made
- In deep heavy cast iron skillet heat 3 Tbsp butter.
- Sauté onion in butter until translucent.
- Melt in remaining butter. Turn off heat and remove from burner.
- Stir in soup, garlic powder and sour cream and mix well.
- Add hash browns; mix thoroughly to coat.
- Fold in cheese.
- Place in preheated 350°F oven.
- Bake uncovered 45 minutes or until brown on top.