Prep 15 mins
Cook 50 mins
Nice side dish and quick to put together!
Make and share this Hash Browns Au Gratin recipe from Food.com.
- 1 (30 ounce) package frozen hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese (I use some more)
- 1 chopped onion
- salt and pepper
- 1 -2 green chili pepper, finely chopped, seeds removed
- 2 cups sour cream
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine, melted, divided
- 2 cups corn flakes, lightly crushed
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a large bowl, combine the hash browns, cheese, onion, salt, pepper and chopped chilies.
- In another bowl, combine the sour cream, soup and 1/4 cup of the butter.
- Pour over potato mixture and mix gently to combine.
- Transfer to a greased 3-qt. baking dish. Toss cornflakes and remaining butter; sprinkle over the top.
- Bake, uncovered, for 45-55 minutes or until heated through.
This was a wonderful side dish for dinner and quite delish! I didn't have a chili pepper so I just added some diced chilis from a can that I had left over and it worked great. Definately a keeper and a nice change of pace from mashed or baked.
This was an excellent recipe and made for about 2-4 servings. I should have crushed my cornflakes better. On the side, I had bacon and mixed vegies. Thank you for a tasty Saturday night dinner. This was made for the PetsR'Us Cookathon.
A GREAT and easy meal to rustle up Annelies! I made this with mushroom soup so my veggie parents could enjoy it too, and we ate it for a light lunch with salad and baguette. GET well soon Darlink, I am rooting for you! Karen. XXXXXXXXXX (Made for Pets'R'Us cookathon.)