Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
Easy and delicious way to get spinach into someone's diet. They won't know what hit 'em!
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3 cups frozen hash brown potatoes
- 3⁄4 teaspoon herb seasoning mix
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 (9 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach (thawed and drained)
- 1⁄2 cup shredded swiss cheese
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- Heat oven to 350 F degrees.
- Cook onion in butter until just tender.
- Stir in potatoes, herb seasoning, salt, and spinach.
- Cook about 4 minutes, until potatoes are thawed.
- Stir in cheese and sour cream.
- Spread in 8 inch square baking dish.
- Bake for 35 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
Had this for dinner last night with a poached egg. Worked like a charm. I thought it would be a little bland so I added some peri peri pepper to spice it up. I would like to try this with a stronger cheese next time as well. Good recipe though.