Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is a quick and tasty dinner that's sure to please a hungry family in a hurry. This is a variation of the usual "hashbrown casserole" that I tend to see everywhere. I guess you can say this is more of a skillet. It avoids the casserole dish and the cooking time but with all the flavour and less fat as I don't use soup, gravy or cream. My kids never say no to this. I use either pre-marinaded steak from the grocery store or marinade my own steak and have them frozen in the marinade.
- Cut steaks into bite-size pieces.
- In a large frying pan, heat 1 tablespoon of the oil at medium-high heat.
- When oil is hot, put in steak, onion and garlic.
- After a minute, add in worchestershire sauce and soy sauce.
- Fry until onion is translucent and steak chunks are just underdone to how you desire (I prefere medium-rare so when the steak is rare, I'm done).
- Put meat mixture aside, preferably a metal bowl so as to retain some heat and the steak will continue to cook to how you like it.
- Put the remaining oil in the frying pan. Don't rinse the frying pan, you want all the juices and flavour from the meat mixture to remain.
- Put in the hashbrowns, seasoning salt and garlic powder.
- Fry until crispy.
- Mix back in the meat mixture with the hashbrowns.
- Fry for a minute to warm everything back up and then sprinkle the cheese over the mixture.
- Reduce heat to minimum and cover the frying pan. (I use a baking sheet but if you're lucky enough to have a lid, use that.).
- Once cheese is melted, serve!
FIVE STARS+++++ My grandsons will LOVE this recipe!!! Thanks....mjcmcook....