This is a quick and tasty dinner that's sure to please a hungry family in a hurry. This is a variation of the usual "hashbrown casserole" that I tend to see everywhere. I guess you can say this is more of a skillet. It avoids the casserole dish and the cooking time but with all the flavour and less fat as I don't use soup, gravy or cream. My kids never say no to this. I use either pre-marinaded steak from the grocery store or marinade my own steak and have them frozen in the marinade.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cut steaks into bite-size pieces.
- 2In a large frying pan, heat 1 tablespoon of the oil at medium-high heat.
- 3When oil is hot, put in steak, onion and garlic.
- 4After a minute, add in worchestershire sauce and soy sauce.
- 5Fry until onion is translucent and steak chunks are just underdone to how you desire (I prefere medium-rare so when the steak is rare, I'm done).
- 6Put meat mixture aside, preferably a metal bowl so as to retain some heat and the steak will continue to cook to how you like it.
- 7Put the remaining oil in the frying pan. Don't rinse the frying pan, you want all the juices and flavour from the meat mixture to remain.
- 8Put in the hashbrowns, seasoning salt and garlic powder.
- 9Fry until crispy.
- 10Mix back in the meat mixture with the hashbrowns.
- 11Fry for a minute to warm everything back up and then sprinkle the cheese over the mixture.
- 12Reduce heat to minimum and cover the frying pan. (I use a baking sheet but if you're lucky enough to have a lid, use that.).
- 13Once cheese is melted, serve!
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Hash Browns a La Cheese Steak
Serving Size: 1 (163 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 632.1
- Calories from Fat 406
- Total Fat 45.1 g
- Saturated Fat 15.8 g
- Cholesterol 106.8 mg
- Sodium 725.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 25.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.3 g
- Sugars 2.8 g
- Protein 30.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: