Recipe by Domestic Goddess
I enjoy this casserole! It's a any easy dish to put together. (Just be sure to allow time for the hash browns to thaw, before assembling this dish together.)
Top Review by Annie~C~
The taste was okay...not really thrilling. My kids liked it, hubby thought is was alright, but claimed that it was like someone just threw a bunch of ingrediants together to make a dish. No really organization to the flavors..The french fried onions were kind of strange..It was easy to make though. I am only writing this to be honest. Sorry.
- 5 cups frozen hash browns, thawed (5 cups = 16-ounces)
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup (or chicken, or celery)
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 (3 ounce) package French-fried onions
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 8 jumbo size franks, cut lengthwise (but not cut all the way through)
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine potatoes, soup, sour cream, 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese, salt and pepper.
- Spread in a greased 2-1/2 to 4-quart size baking dish. (I used a 4-quart size oval baking dish).
- Top with the partially sliced franks (slice size up).
- Cover, and bake 30 minutes in a 400 degree oven. (I did not cover the casserole, and it turned out great! But I think that's because I used jumbo sized franks, so they didn't over bake).
- Remove, uncover, and top with the other 1/2 cup of shredded cheddar cheese, and the French fried onions.
- Place casserole back in the oven, (uncovered) and continue baking for 2-3 more minutes. (Just until the cheese has melted, and French fried onions are lightly browned).