Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Cook1 hr 5 mins
This is my favorite breakfast cassarole. The crust is made of hashbrowns. Great served with fresh fruit and muffins.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Lightly grease a square pyrex dish.
- Mix 1/4 cup of the melted butter and with potatoes.
- Firmly press potatoes into buttered pyrex dish to form crust.
- Pour remaining butter evenly over crust.
- Bake 30-35 minutes, or until lightly browned.
- REDUCE temperature to 350 degrees.
- Remove dish from oven and sprinkle sausage & cheeses evenly over potatoes.
- In small bowl, whisk together eggs, half-and-half, salt and pepper.
- Pour over sausage and cheeses.
- Bake 30 minutes or until puffed and set.
- This recipe can be doubled and cooked in a 10 X 15 pyrex dish.