Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr 5 mins
This is my favorite breakfast cassarole. The crust is made of hashbrowns. Great served with fresh fruit and muffins.
- 24 ounces hash brown potatoes, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 8 ounces sausage (cooked, drained and crumbled)
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, grated
- 6 large eggs
- 3⁄4 cup half-and-half cream
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Lightly grease a square pyrex dish.
- Mix 1/4 cup of the melted butter and with potatoes.
- Firmly press potatoes into buttered pyrex dish to form crust.
- Pour remaining butter evenly over crust.
- Bake 30-35 minutes, or until lightly browned.
- REDUCE temperature to 350 degrees.
- Remove dish from oven and sprinkle sausage & cheeses evenly over potatoes.
- In small bowl, whisk together eggs, half-and-half, salt and pepper.
- Pour over sausage and cheeses.
- Bake 30 minutes or until puffed and set.
- This recipe can be doubled and cooked in a 10 X 15 pyrex dish.