1/2 Photos of Hash Brown Quiche Baskets
1 hr 30 mins
Carol's Mistletoe Kitchen's Note:
This is a mini sausage quiche cooked in a basket of hash browns.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (30 ounce) package frozen hash brown potatoes, thawed and squeeze water out of thawed potatoes
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 4 ounces sausage (cooked, drained and crumbled)
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 1 cup grated mozzarella cheese
- 9 large eggs
- 3/4 cup half-and-half cream
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Lightly spray 2 jumbo muffin pans (makes 12 quiche baskets).
- 2Mix melted butter with potatoes. Firmly press potatoes into bottom and up sides of muffin tins to form crust of quiche. (I pressed the bottom of a glass into the potatoes to start forming basket).
- 3Bake 30-35 minutes, or until lightly browned.
- 4REDUCE temperature to 350 degrees.
- 5Sprinkle sausage & cheeses evenly into hash brown cups.
- 6In small bowl, whisk together eggs, half-and-half, salt and pepper. Pour over sausage and cheeses. Bake 30 minutes or until puffed and set.
- 7Serve hot.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Hash Brown Quiche Baskets
Serving Size: 1 (161 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 295.6
- Calories from Fat 192
- Total Fat 21.3 g
- Saturated Fat 11.3 g
- Cholesterol 188.1 mg
- Sodium 442.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 0.3 g
- Protein 12.2 g