Recipe by Carol's Mistletoe Kitchen
This is a mini sausage quiche cooked in a basket of hash browns.
Top Review by Starrynews
These are delicious! I only needed two portions, so I used two ramekins, and that worked perfectly. I love that this would work for a crowd too, though. I used a spicy sausage, since that's what I had on hand. Thanks for sharing! Oh - and the amount of half and half is missing from the ingredient list. I eyeballed it and used about 1 Tablespoon for the two servings I made, and it worked nicely.
- 1 (30 ounce) package frozen hash brown potatoes, thawed and squeeze water out of thawed potatoes
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 4 ounces sausage (cooked, drained and crumbled)
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 1 cup grated mozzarella cheese
- 9 large eggs
- 3⁄4 cup half-and-half cream
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Lightly spray 2 jumbo muffin pans (makes 12 quiche baskets).
- Mix melted butter with potatoes. Firmly press potatoes into bottom and up sides of muffin tins to form crust of quiche. (I pressed the bottom of a glass into the potatoes to start forming basket).
- Bake 30-35 minutes, or until lightly browned.
- REDUCE temperature to 350 degrees.
- Sprinkle sausage & cheeses evenly into hash brown cups.
- In small bowl, whisk together eggs, half-and-half, salt and pepper. Pour over sausage and cheeses. Bake 30 minutes or until puffed and set.
- Serve hot.