Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a take on a classic hash brown cheese casserole, but with egg and meat added skillet. Many of these recipes also have bread added, which has been omitted.
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 potato, shredded
- 1 ounce sausage or 1 ounce ham or 1 ounce bacon
- 1⁄8 cup parsley, chopped
- 1⁄8 cup onion, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup Greek yogurt
- 0.25 (15 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1⁄4 cup Velveeta cheese or 1⁄4 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1⁄8 cup chipotle salsa
- 1 regular egg
- Mix yogurt, soup and cheddar.
- Set aside so it gets to room temperature (this is important so that yogurt does not separate when incorporated into the hot pan).
- Shred potato, chop parsley and onion. Set aside.
- Melt butter in frying pan. Fry onion until soft, add shredded potato and cook until softened. Push to side of pan.
- Add sausage, ham or bacon, breaking it up into pieces as it cooks. When browned, turn off heat. Mix potato and meat in the pan.
- If adding scrambled egg, slowly fold into mixture, incorporating until cooked, covering briefly if necessary. Slowly fold in yogurt mixture in one direction. Add 1/8 cup chunky chipotle salsa (optional) and turn on low heat until hot.
- If using fried egg, cook separately and serve on top of hash. Sprinkle 1/8 cup chopped parsley on top.
- Serve with toast or bagel.