Prep 10 mins
Cook 50 mins
I know there are lots of hash brown casseroles out there but I made this recipe up for tonight's dinner and thought it turned out fantastic. Comfort food at it's best! - you could substitute mushroom soup for one or both of the soups and that would be really good... but I need to make it mushroom-free for picky DH :o)
- 2 cups sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 medium onion, finely minced
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 (10 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 (10 ounce) can broccoli cheese soup
- 1 teaspoon salt (or less, to taste)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 (1 kg) bag frozen hash browns, thawed (or 2Lb bag)
- 1⁄4 cup margarine, melted
- Place all ingredients (except hash browns and margarine) into a large bowl and stir well to combine.
- Mix in the hash browns and place the mixture into a 9x13 casserole dish.
- Drizzle the margarine over top and bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes to 1 hour.
Yum Yum! Everyone was drooling over this simple dish! Used cheese soup instead of broccoli soup because the nearest grocery store didn't carry it. I omitted the teaspoon of salt. Making again this week!
This was good but a bit salty. Next time I think I'll leave out the salt or use low-sodium versions of the soup.