Recipe by *MelsDiner*
Yummy! Great for BBQs. Every time I make this I get asked for the recipe.
Top Review by SpaceQueen
First, as is, this recipe is definitely yummy. However, it came out to be more "stuff" than potatoes and my DH said that it lacked substance. So, next go round, I'm going to cut the butter and sour cream in half and use the 26 oz package of hash browns instead of just 20. Even modified, I believe it will taste terrific as it does without modification.
- 2 (10 ounce) packages hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup bell pepper, chopped
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 pint sour cream
- 2 cups sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 2 cups corn flakes, crushed
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted