Prep 0 mins
Cook 8 mins
I got this recipe from a 1987 Cookbook Digest. This recipe is just right for one or two people. Use a frozen hash brown patty to make this tasty potato dish. Easy enough for a teenager or preteen to make. You can add other things to your liking. Fresh chives or cheddar cheese instead of Parmesan cheese is good also.
- 1 (6 ounce) frozen hash brown patties
- 2⁄3 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon margarine
- 1⁄2 teaspoon instant minced onion
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 dash pepper
- 1 tablespoon shredded parmesan cheese
- 1⁄4 teaspoon parsley flakes
- Combine hash brown patty, milk, margarine, onion, salt, and pepper in 1-quart microwave-safe casserole. Cover with casserole lid.
- microwave (high) 4-5 minutes or until potatoes are partially thawed, stirring once. Stir in Parmesan cheese.
- Microwave (high) 4-5 minutes or until hot and bubbly, stirring once. Sprinkle with parsley and paprika.