Recipe by AmyZoe
There's nothing like feeling like you went out for breakfast in the comfort of your own home. Recipe courtesy of Taste of Home.
- 4 slices bacon
- 2 cups frozen hash brown potatoes, shredded
- 1⁄4 cup onion, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup green pepper, chopped
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 dash pepper
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp.
- Remove to paper towels and drain.
- Crumble bacon and set aside.
- Add the potatoes, onion, and green pepper to drippings. Cook and stir over medium heat for 7 to 10 minutes or until potatoes are lightly browned and vegetables are tender.
- In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, milk, salt, and pepper. Pour egg mixture into a large non-stick skillet (mixture should set immediately at edges).
- As eggs set, push cooked edges toward the center, letting uncooked portion flow underneath. When the eggs are set, spoon potato mixture on one side and sprinkle with cheese and bacon.
- Fold other side over filling.
- Invert omelet onto plate and serve.