Craving bacon, eggs, and hashbrowns but don't have the energy to make it all? Let your oven do the work for you. I preferred a little more cheese, but I'll leave that up to you. Recipe is from Taste of Home.
- In a large bowl, combine hash browns, bacon, 1/2 cup cheese, and salt.
- Spoon into a greased 13x9" baking dish.
- In a separate bowl, beat eggs and milk until smooth and pour over hash brown mixture.
- Sprinkle with paprika.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350 for 45 to 50 minutes or until golden.
- Top with the remaining cheese.
I have used this recipe for a few years now and love it. I normally make it for breakfast for our Sunday school class and everyone enjoys. I've added a few other spices to mine to put a spin on it. I add fresh nutmeg, pepper and garlic powder.
This was a very delicious, hearty breakfast casserole. We do breakfast for dinner every now and then and this fit the bill. To be a little naughty, I diced up an onion and sauteed it in the left over bacon drippings and added it to the hashbrown mixture. So good!
My very picky 20 month old can not get enough of this!