Prep 15 mins
Cook 48 mins
5-Ingredient Fix Contest Entry. This elegant and flavorful chicken dish will delight any chicken connoisseur when they taste the perfectly seasoned chicken breasts, stuffed with healthy, cheesy, garlic seasoned broccoli, bell peppers and carrots. The Simply Potatoes® Shredded Hash Browns, mixed with more cheese, encase and insulate the chicken perfectly while baking, resulting in a moist and juicy chicken breast every time. It's the perfect 3-course meal in an all-in-one package that's both impressive and delicious!
- 4 large boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 7 ounces frozen mixed vegetables, thawed (antioxidant blend of carrots, broccoli, bell peppers, with garlic oil)
- 20 ounces Simply Potatoes® Shredded Hash Browns, thawed
- 2 cups shredded triple cheddar cheese, divided use
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons seasoning salt
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Rinse chicken breasts and pat dry. Remove any excess fat.
- Using a sharp knife, cut a large pocket into the chicken breasts, cutting horizontally and lengthwise into the chicken, but not cutting through the back or sides.
- Place the vegetables into a small bowl, add 1/2 cup of cheese and toss to mix. Divide mixture into 4 equal portions and put into the chicken pockets.
- Use seasoned salt to sprinkle evenly over both sides of the chicken pieces.
- In a small bowl, mix the Simply Potatoes® Shredded Hash Browns with 1 cup cheese. Use half of the mix to cover the bottom of a baking dish large enough to accommodate the 4 chicken breasts with no excess space between or around them. Lay the chicken breasts on top of the hash browns, then, using the remaining hash brown mixture, patting equal amounts onto the tops of each piece of chicken.
- Bake 45 minutes, covering loosely with foil tent during the last 10-12 minutes, or when nicely browned. Turn oven to broil, remove foil, sprinkle remaining 1/2 cup cheese over the top and broil until cheese is melted, about 3-4 minutes. Serve either 1 piece each to 4 people, or cut in half and serve to 8.
Wow!!! Awesome recipe!! Great use of only 5 ingredients!
This is right up my alley.
An easy delicious chicken recipe for a simple weeknight supper is always welcome at my table...delicious! Thank you