1/1 Photo of Hash Brown Crusted Stuffed Chicken Breasts #5FIX
1 hr 3 mins
Sandi Sheppard's Note:
5-Ingredient Fix Contest Entry. This elegant and flavorful chicken dish will delight any chicken connoisseur when they taste the perfectly seasoned chicken breasts, stuffed with healthy, cheesy, garlic seasoned broccoli, bell peppers and carrots. The Simply Potatoes® Shredded Hash Browns, mixed with more cheese, encase and insulate the chicken perfectly while baking, resulting in a moist and juicy chicken breast every time. It's the perfect 3-course meal in an all-in-one package that's both impressive and delicious!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Rinse chicken breasts and pat dry. Remove any excess fat.
- 2Using a sharp knife, cut a large pocket into the chicken breasts, cutting horizontally and lengthwise into the chicken, but not cutting through the back or sides.
- 3Place the vegetables into a small bowl, add 1/2 cup of cheese and toss to mix. Divide mixture into 4 equal portions and put into the chicken pockets.
- 4Use seasoned salt to sprinkle evenly over both sides of the chicken pieces.
- 5In a small bowl, mix the Simply Potatoes® Shredded Hash Browns with 1 cup cheese. Use half of the mix to cover the bottom of a baking dish large enough to accommodate the 4 chicken breasts with no excess space between or around them. Lay the chicken breasts on top of the hash browns, then, using the remaining hash brown mixture, patting equal amounts onto the tops of each piece of chicken.
- 6Bake 45 minutes, covering loosely with foil tent during the last 10-12 minutes, or when nicely browned. Turn oven to broil, remove foil, sprinkle remaining 1/2 cup cheese over the top and broil until cheese is melted, about 3-4 minutes. Serve either 1 piece each to 4 people, or cut in half and serve to 8.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Hash Brown Crusted Stuffed Chicken Breasts #5FIX
Serving Size: 1 (185 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 397.2
- Calories from Fat 198
- Total Fat 22.0 g
- Saturated Fat 12.6 g
- Cholesterol 134.8 mg
- Sodium 513.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
- Sugars 0.2 g
- Protein 40.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: