1/1 Photo of Hash Brown Crusted Quiche
1 hr 5 mins
Jeannie 716's Note:
Ready, Set, Cook! Special Edition Contest Entry: My daughter-in-law has celiac disease and has to eat gluten-free. So this quiche recipe infuses favorful ingredients with a delightfull gluten-free crust of hash browns perfect for the entire family.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 cups Simply Potatoes® Shredded Hash Browns
- 1 cup bacon, diced
- 1/2 cup red pepper, chopped
- 1/3 cup green onion, chopped
- 6 whole eggs, beaten
- 3/4 cup swiss cheese, shredded
- 3/4 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- 2Butter a deep pie pan (9-inch) and set to the side.
- 3Use 1 1/2 cups of hash brown potatoes and mix with salt and pepper to taste. Put hash brown potatoes in pie dish and flatten down around the dish. Transfer pie pan to the oven for 15-20 minutes. Take out and let cool. Brown bacon and discard remaining oil and continue to sautee with red peppers, green onions, remaining potatoes, salt and pepper until potatoes are lightly browned. Set to the side and let cool.
- 4In a separate bowl mix eggs, cheeses, heavy whipping cream, melted butter and blend together. Combine sauteed ingredients with egg mixture and pour in the cooled pie dish. Bake for 35 - 45 minutes until egg mixture is set and lightly browned on top.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Hash Brown Crusted Quiche
Serving Size: 1 (157 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 478.3
- Calories from Fat 412
- Total Fat 45.8 g
- Saturated Fat 25.2 g
- Cholesterol 268.9 mg
- Sodium 653.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 3.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 0.8 g
- Protein 13.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Simply Potatoes® Shredded Hash Browns