Recipe by Cristi Hinten
This recipe was Aunt Debi's version. I have made several variations of it that are great, but this is the original version
- 32 ounces hash browns, thawed
- 1 cup cheddar cheese
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 16 ounces sour cream
- 3⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 3 tablespoons onions
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika
- 2 cups corn flakes, crushed
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine hash browns, soup, sour cream, 1/2 cup butter and onion. Spread into a baking dish that has been sprayed with cooking spray. Sprinkle with cheese and paprika. Combine cereal and remaining butter and sprinkle over top of casserole. Bake at 350 for 45 minutes.
- Variations: I do not use butter at all because it gets too greasy. I also omit the corn flakes although it is good as well. I add bacon or cubed ham and cook in crock pot for 4-6 hours on high or 6-8 hours on low.