Recipe by morgainegeiser
Make this potato crust the night before serving. Let stand for 30 minutes before adding filling and baking.
Top Review by diner524
This is a great tasty and filling breakfast!! The only thing I added was some onion for extra flavor!! I loved that it was a one dish meal and will make it again. Thanks for sharing the recipe. Made for ZWT6.
- 3 cups frozen hash brown potatoes
- 1⁄3 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup finely chopped cooked ham
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped red peppers or 1⁄4 cup green pepper
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Thaw potatoes between layers of paper towels to remove excess moisture. Press into bottom and up sides of an ungreased 9-inch pie plate; drizzle with butter.
- Bake for 25 minutes until lightly browned; cool on wire rack for 10 minutes.
- Combine ham, cheese and red and green peppers; spoon into potato shell.
- Combine eggs, milk, salt and pepper, stirring well. Pour over ham mixture.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 25 to 30 minutes or until set. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.