Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr 10 mins
Make this potato crust the night before serving. Let stand for 30 minutes before adding filling and baking.
- 3 cups frozen hash brown potatoes
- 1⁄3 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup finely chopped cooked ham
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped red peppers or 1⁄4 cup green pepper
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Thaw potatoes between layers of paper towels to remove excess moisture. Press into bottom and up sides of an ungreased 9-inch pie plate; drizzle with butter.
- Bake for 25 minutes until lightly browned; cool on wire rack for 10 minutes.
- Combine ham, cheese and red and green peppers; spoon into potato shell.
- Combine eggs, milk, salt and pepper, stirring well. Pour over ham mixture.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 25 to 30 minutes or until set. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.
This is a great tasty and filling breakfast!! The only thing I added was some onion for extra flavor!! I loved that it was a one dish meal and will make it again. Thanks for sharing the recipe. Made for ZWT6.
Tasty and filling! Lots of great flavors here that come together nicely. Thanks for sharing! ZWT6