Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
Good served with leftover gravy, if you have any, and ketchup.
Make and share this Hash recipe from Food.com.
- Heat 2 tsp butter in skillet.
- Add onion and fry until soft.
- Heat 2 tablespoons butter and 2 tablespoons oil in same skillet.
- Add potatoes.
- Fry on medium-high heat until golden brown and crispy, turning occasionally.
- Turn down heat.
- Add cooked onion and leftover meat of your choice.
- Heat until warmed through.
I've never made hash before, and I can't imagine why. This was so easy! I didn't have any leftover meat, so I just poached 3 chicken breasts and then shredded them to add into the hash. I also used one large onion instead of a small one, and added two garlic cloves. Now that I know how easy this is to make I'm going to be making extra chicken or beef just so I can make the hash the next day.
Exactly what I was looking for! Delicious.
To make it even easier, I use potatoes I have microwaved, leave the skin on, and when cool, I cube them. Any leftover meat is tasty, even polish sausage.