Prep 48 hrs
Cook 40 mins
This is a trational german dish I got from an exes German grandmother. she say's to avoid curdling the sour cream heat slowly and do not boil
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 3 cups vinegar
- 3 cups water
- 1 tablespoon pickling spices
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 bay leaves
- 8 whole cloves
- 2 lbs rabbit, cut into pieces
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 8 ounces sour cream
- combine onion, vinegar and seasonings.
- add rabbit pieces.
- cover and chill 48 hours.
- remove meat, drain and reserve marinade.
- dry meat and coat with flour.
- in a skillet, melt butter brown meat.
- add two cups reserved marinade.
- cover and bring to a boil.
- reduce heat and simmer 30 minutes.
- remove meat and add sour cream to pan juices.
- spoon over meat.