Recipe by Member #610488
These light and airy balls of hazelnuts are just like the Ferrero Rocher chocolates but without the chocolate. I know that will offend some people - no chocolate, huh! These are good neverless.
Top Review by **Jubes**
*Reviewed during ZWT4* Mmm....these were great. Like a hazelnut macaroon. I used 150 grams hazelnut meal to make these. Mine weren't thick enough to roll and I had no more hazelnuts to add - so I piped them rather than rolling. Must have made mine too big as I made around 30. My daughters loved them and even sandwiched them together with Nutella. I think they would taste just like a rocher if we had topped them with some melted chocolate. Photo also to be posted.
Directions See How It's Made
- Using a blender or coffee grinder, reduce the hazelnuts to dust or very fine pieces.
- Lightly grease cookie sheet(s). Preheat oven to 300°F.
- Beat the egg whites until frothy.
- Add about 2 tablespoons of the sugar to the egg whites, whipping well after each addition.
- Once all the sugar is added, continue beating the meringue until stiff peaks are formed.
- Fold the hazelnut dust into the mixture and tehn make balls of the mixture that are about 1/2 inch in diameter. Place on the cookie sheets.
- Bake at 300F for 25 minute When done, remove from cookie sheet to cooling rack with spatula.