These light and airy balls of hazelnuts are just like the Ferrero Rocher chocolates but without the chocolate. I know that will offend some people - no chocolate, huh! These are good neverless.
- Using a blender or coffee grinder, reduce the hazelnuts to dust or very fine pieces.
- Lightly grease cookie sheet(s). Preheat oven to 300°F.
- Beat the egg whites until frothy.
- Add about 2 tablespoons of the sugar to the egg whites, whipping well after each addition.
- Once all the sugar is added, continue beating the meringue until stiff peaks are formed.
- Fold the hazelnut dust into the mixture and tehn make balls of the mixture that are about 1/2 inch in diameter. Place on the cookie sheets.
- Bake at 300F for 25 minute When done, remove from cookie sheet to cooling rack with spatula.