3 hrs 20 mins
This is a true meal in one pot! Perfect for cold Winter evenings Delicious soup. Serve the potatoes & sausages with a small green salad on the side, & crusty French bread (Prep time does not include overnight soaking of the beans)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb white navy beans, soaked overnight
- 4 quarts water
- 1 cabbage, small,chopped coarsley
- 1 lb green beans, cut ito 3 pieces each
- 2 leeks, cleaned and chopped,use 1 inch of the green part
- 2 turnips, peeled,chopped into 3/4 inch cubes
- 2 carrots, cleaned,sliced
- 12 medium potatoes, peeled
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 sprigs thyme (1/2 tsp dried)
- 4 sprigs parsley
- 6 Italian sausages or 6 oktoberfest sausages or 6 smoked sausage
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 lb bacon, chopped
- salt & pepper
- 1In a bit of cheesecloth tie in the bayleaf, thyme, parsley.
- 2Drain and rinse the navy beans after soaking them overnight.
- 3Pour water into a large pot and add all the veggies except the potatoes, simmer covered for apprx 1 1/2 hours add more water as needed Add potatoes, herb bag, sausages,garlic& bacon.
- 4Simmer slowly for another hour and 15 minutes.
- 5Check the seasoning& adjust.
- 6Remove spice bag.
- 7Remove the sausages& potatoes, keep warm.
- 8simmer soup for 15 minutes longer.
- 9Serve hot with french bread,.
- 10After the soup course serve the potatoes& sausages.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Has BEAN Soup Now It's Dinner
Serving Size: 1 (1555 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 906.9
- Calories from Fat 292
- Total Fat 32.5 g
- Saturated Fat 10.9 g
- Cholesterol 60.1 mg
- Sodium 1456.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 121.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 25.3 g
- Sugars 14.4 g
- Protein 37.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: