Recipe by PollyB
My husbands mother made this pie when he was little. He loves it, brings back great memories for him.
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup dark corn syrup
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 unbaked 9 inch pastry pie shell
- 1 1⁄2 cups large walnut pieces
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Combine eggs, sugar, flour, corn syrup, butter and vanilla; blend well.
- Pour into unbaked pie shell; arrange walnuts on top.
- Bake in lower third of oven at 400 degrees for 15 minutes.
- Reduce oven temperature to 350 degrees and bake for an additional 35 to 40 minutes or until center appears set.
- Cool completely.