2 hrs 5 mins
1 hr 15 mins
A recipe from Cooking Light. So delicious with all the fall veggies!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 lbs sweet potatoes
- 1 tablespoon molasses
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, peeled and grated
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cups butternut squash, peeled and cubed
- 2 cups carrots, diced
- 1 cup parsnip, peeled and diced
- 1 cup turnip, peeled and diced
- 1 cup mushroom, quartered
- 1 cup celery, sliced
- 1 cup onion, diced
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans vegetable broth
- 2 tablespoons pecans, chopped
- 1Place sweet potatoes on baking sheet and bake at 375 for 50 minutes, or until very tender. Let cool, and peel.
- 2Combine sweet potatoes, molasses, ginger root, salt, and pepper in a bowl. Beat at medium speed with a mixer until smooth. Set aside.
- 3Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add squash and next six ingredients (squash through onion); saute for 8 minutes. Add broth and bring to a simmer. Cook for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 4Spoon squash mixture into a 3-quart casserole dish. Spread sweet potato mixture evenly over squash mixture. Bake at 370 for 35 minutes; sprinkle with pecans and bake an additional 15 minutes.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Harvest Vegetable Shepherd's Pie
Serving Size: 1 (488 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 270.0
- Calories from Fat 54
- Total Fat 6.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.7 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 341.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 52.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.4 g
- Sugars 14.9 g
- Protein 4.9 g