Prep 1 hr 15 mins
Cook 50 mins
A recipe from Cooking Light. So delicious with all the fall veggies!
- 2 lbs sweet potatoes
- 1 tablespoon molasses
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, peeled and grated
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cups butternut squash, peeled and cubed
- 2 cups carrots, diced
- 1 cup parsnip, peeled and diced
- 1 cup turnip, peeled and diced
- 1 cup mushroom, quartered
- 1 cup celery, sliced
- 1 cup onion, diced
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans vegetable broth
- 2 tablespoons pecans, chopped
- Place sweet potatoes on baking sheet and bake at 375 for 50 minutes, or until very tender. Let cool, and peel.
- Combine sweet potatoes, molasses, ginger root, salt, and pepper in a bowl. Beat at medium speed with a mixer until smooth. Set aside.
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add squash and next six ingredients (squash through onion); saute for 8 minutes. Add broth and bring to a simmer. Cook for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Spoon squash mixture into a 3-quart casserole dish. Spread sweet potato mixture evenly over squash mixture. Bake at 370 for 35 minutes; sprinkle with pecans and bake an additional 15 minutes.