Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
A great side dish!
- 4 medium carrots, thinly sliced
- 10 ounces frozen chopped broccoli, thawed and drained
- 1 1⁄3 cups fried onions, french,divided
- 5 small red potatoes, sliced 1/8 inch thick
- 8 ounces cheese spread
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- fresh ground black pepper
- seasoning salt
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In 12X8 inch baking dish, combine carrots, broccoli and 2/3 cup French's Fried Onions.
- Tuck potato slices into vegetable mixture at an angle.
- Dot vegetables evenly with cheese spread.
- Pour milk over vegetables; sprinkle with seasonings as desired.
- Bake, covered, at 375 degrees for 30 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Top with remaining 2/3 cup onions; bake, uncovered, 3 minutes or until onions are golden brown.
- Microwave Directions: In 12X8 inch microwavable dish, prepare vegetables as above.
- Top with cheese spread, milk and seasonings as above.
- Cook, covered, at HIGH 12 to 14 minutes or until vegetables are tender, rotating dish halfway through cooking time.
- Top with remaining onions; cook, uncovered, 1 minute.
- Let stand 5 minutes.
So easy to make and taste so good. I really enjoyed this recipe and will being making again. Made for Zaar Chef Alphabet Soup.
I was skeptical because I'm not fond of fried onions but this was delicious. My mother made it this evening and she tweeked it a bit, adding diced ham and shredded cheddar cheese. I enjoyed it very much. Thanks.
I was just going to post this recipe, and alas, it was already here. This is a must-have at my house at all the holidays. If I didn't serve it I think there would be an uprising!