Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
A great one-dish early fall meal.
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 large carrots, peeled and diced
- 3 celery ribs, diced
- 1 medium turnip, peeled and diced
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 2 medium parsnips, peeled and diced
- 2 medium tomatoes, diced
- 6 cups vegetable stock or 6 cups chicken stock
- 1 large potato, diced
- 2 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon thyme
- 1 bay leaf
- to taste salt and pepper
- Add all ingredients to a large soup pot.
- Slowly bring to a boil, reduce the heat and simmer for 1 hour (or until the vegetables are tender).
- Serve with crusty French style bread.