Recipe by That Napa Chicken Ranch
Get your nutritional boost from these moist and handy muffins
Top Review by Outta Here
These are quite moist and very filling! I used half brown sugar-half Splenda and I don't keep pumpkin pie spice, so used cinnamon, allspice, ginger and nutmeg to equal 1 1/2 teaspoons. Might add more next time, though. I also left out raisins (don't like 'em!) and added sliced almonds instead, but will try with walnuts also. I skipped the paper liners also. I will be making them again. Thanks for posting.
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup quick oats
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 3⁄4 cup nonfat milk
- 1⁄3 cup oil
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and line a 12-cup muffin tin with paper cases.
- Combine dry ingredients in a large bowl.
- In another, medium bowl, combine the pumpkin, milk, oil and egg, blending well.
- Stir pumpkin mixture into dry ingredients until the dry ingredients are just moist.
- Fill muffin cases evenly and bake for 22-25 minutes.