Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
I just love pumpkin and this recipe was on the www.bhg.com website when searching for Thanksgiving recipes.
- 473.18 ml all-purpose flour
- 9.85 ml baking powder
- 9.85 ml ground cinnamon
- 4.92 ml baking soda
- 1.23 ml salt
- 395.10 ml sugar
- 425.24 g can pumpkin
- 4 eggs
- 236.59 ml cooking oil
- 177.44 ml pecans, toasted chopped (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium mixing bowl, stir together flour, baking powder, cinnamon, baking soda and salt; set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat together sugar, pumpkin, eggs and oil with an electric mixer on medium speed. Beat in the flour mixture until well mixed. If desired, stir in pecans.
- Spread batter in an ungreased 15x10x1-inch baking pan. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until a wooden toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan on a wire rack.
- Feel free to top these bars with your favorite cream cheese frosting. Here's a sample one: In a large mixing bowl, combine two 3-ounce packages cream cheese, softened; 1/2 cup butter, softened; and 2 teaspoons vanilla. Beat with an electric mixer on medium speed until fluffy. Gradually add 4 cups sifted powdered sugar, beating until smooth.