Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
These potatoes are a great side dish to serve with a variety of meats. So cheesy and easy to prepare. From Gooseberry Patch's Holidays at Home cookbook.
- 3 1⁄2 lbs baking potatoes
- salt and pepper
- 3⁄4 tablespoon dried thyme
- 3 cups monterey jack cheese or 3 cups havarti cheese or 3 cups white cheddar cheese, shredded
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 1⁄3 cups cream
- 1 1⁄3 cups chicken stock
- 1⁄4 cup Dijon mustard or 1⁄4 cup plain prepared mustard
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Grease a large casserole dish.
- Peel potatoes and slice thin, about 1/8 inch thick.
- Arrange 1/3 of potatoes in the dish and sprinkle with salt and pepper, 1/3 of the thyme, 1 tablespoon of the flour and 1/3 of the cheese.
- Repeat layers two more times.
- In a bowl, combine the cream, chicken stock and mustard. Pour over the potatoes.
- Bake for 50 to 60 minutes or until top is golden and crusty and the potatoes are tender.
- Enjoy! :).